Answered By: Renna Redd Last Updated: Apr 20, 2017 Views: 50
Interlibrary Loan can not borrow course-required textbooks for you for the following reasons:
- Textbooks are hard to obtain because most libraries don't purchase them and those who do usually don't lend them.
- Loan periods are not long enough for you to keep it for the entire semester, so most schools will not lend textbooks.
- ILL loans are expensive and we don't have enough money to borrow textbooks for all our students (although ILL is free for our students, the Library must pay for the service).
- Textbooks are the responsibility of the student, not the library.
We do understand that textbooks are expensive, but ILL is not the solution. Some other possibilities that may help:
- sharing textbooks with classmates
- searching online for used textbooks or textbooks at reduced prices
- asking your professor to place a copy of the book on reserve
The Clemson campus bookstore suggests that students in need of financial assistance for textbooks can contact Joy Moss at email@example.com