Answered By: Anne Grant Last Updated: Jun 06, 2018 Views: 489
1. You should have the entire call number of the book you're looking for - if not, go back in the library catalog.
2. Visit the floor that has the call number you need. Call number starts with…
A - P: 1st floor
Q - R: 5th floor
S - Z: 6th floor
Note that some collections have their own areas!
Children’s / Young Adult: 3rd floor
S.C. / Federal Documents: 3rd floor
Popular Reading: 4th floor
Cooper Reference: 4th floor
Cooper Reserve: 4th floor circulation desk
3. Look at the labels on the bookshelves. They go up in the alphabet as you go left to right. Find the shelf that has a range that would include your call number.
4. Scan the label on each book until one matches your call number
5. Still can't find it? Not sure you're on the right floor? Text us back or call (864) 656-1557!